Re: Checking it out! wRe: Re: TB/Manifold Opening....Hey BruceBcheck thi...

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 08 1999 - 02:17:59 EDT

In a message dated 9/7/99 4:02:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Blbridges@aol.com
writes:

<< Also, the 52mm TB posts are interesting. Ive seen Martins and I like
 the welded screws! Gives it an aerospace look! >>

The screws were tig welded in place for the engines absolute security, but
note, the TB is _not_ 52mm :)

<< After my first track test way back in Dec98 we were leary of the big
TB/ stock motor combo >>

I've seen local trucks (mostly) stock run with my TBs and they work great....
in fact, customers send me lots of good, positive feedback.

I think that the power loss is b/c of the headers, but it might only be in
certain situations (diff. alt levels, etc) that the truck would start to run
lean b/c of headers. I've yet to see it personally, but it's definately odd.

<< Im hoping the
manifold mods (beyond just fixing my leak) fit that bill. >>

I'm about to do a prototype manifold (welded, shortened plenum, etc) for a
customer, with a matching Phenolic spacer, all designed to match my TB....
should work great in theory, we'll see...

what kind of mods are you planning?

ttyl
Patrick