Re: Update on R/T towing issue

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Sep 08 1999 - 18:58:05 EDT

At 04:33 PM 9/8/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Just got a call from DC and they stated that I will be receiving a letter in
>the mail listing my options on the R/T towing issue. I assume they will be
>adding some options other than the two previously offered($300 check, or
>buyback and charge me .12 cents a mile). I'm not sure if anyone else has
>received a call yet but I'll keep everyone posted! James Densteadt

Toronto Star, Sat. Sept. 4, Business section, 'Dakota truck issue linger -
Internal glitch thwarts buybacks auto maker says'.

A communications breakdown led D-C Canada Inc. to tell R/T owners that it
would not buy back the vehicles, even after it had publicly said it would
do so, the company says. Jay Cooney said yesterday an internal foul-up
resulted in angry R/T owners in Canada getting conflicting messages about
the possibility of having their vehicles bought back by the automaker.

R/T owners in Canada said they were still getting the wrong message late
this week from D-C customer service representatives. An owner in Mississauga
said that he was told that he was not eligible for a buyback and Chrysler
would call back when they had a solution.

Cooney said D-C will clear up the confusion early next week. He dismissed
suggestions that D-C had offered better options to U.S. buyers.

What a mess ... bigwig heads should roll on this one!

Bob, Ontario, CAN
'97 FR CC NSV Sport, 5.2L, 3.55SG, auto., 4x2