Re: 3.55 or 3.90 in an R/T ?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Sep 09 1999 - 15:41:13 EDT

Centerforce-II Clutch, Muncie M22 "Rock Crusher" 4Spd, 3.23 Moroso
10-Bolt, Comp-T/A's, and about 480HP (500+TQ) out of a BB Fuel Injected
Chevy motor. 12.2's @ 120 and topped out at 160 with the 3.23's. You
should've seen my driveshafts...kinda looked like a swirl-stick. ;)

It's the same way with 4x4's in the dirt. Take a 4x4 and stick it on some
loose rocks/dirt with 3.55's. Gun it a little bit too much and you'll spin
the tires. Try the same with 4.10's and you'll pick up speed. (Driver
depending though.)

As I said, it all really depends on what you want...1/4 mile, highway
runner, etc.