Re: '99 Dakota with Spark Knock, advise needed!! - UPDATE

From: nc-ghost@geocities.com
Date: Fri Sep 10 1999 - 08:07:30 EDT

Just got back my '99 back for the 3rd time from the dealer for pinging.
Well, it's still there. Took parts of some messages from all of your
comments and showed it to him, he did not even look at them or even listen
to them. Only I complained he did keep it and stop trying to hand it back
to me, after I left it most likely when in the trash. He kept insisting
that the TSB is what they use, these people are like a cult, if it's not
written or told from those above them they are deaf and dumb about it. They
did retard the timing by one, but did not make a difference. For now I have
changed back to plus gas and it went away again.

---QUESTION---
The question I have for all now is, if I just keep using plus gas rather
than regular, what are the odds it will start pinging on plus?

FYI
for those that remember me previous post about transmission slipping, it was
low on fluid. Will watch and see if it happens again.

Thanks to all.