Re: RE: Re: Knocking noise coming from steering

From: TREMAIN LYNNE (bmbl-b1@home.com)
Date: Fri Sep 10 1999 - 07:54:48 EDT

My 99 4x4 has rack and pinion, and according to the spec sheet
rack and pinion was new in 99 for the 4x4's. Bernd I remember seeing
a post by someone I can't remember who, but the dealer ended up
replacing the steering column and I'm starting to get play in the tilt
mechanism on mine. If I grab the steering wheel a certain way I can feel
play in it and get a light knocking noise coming from the column. By the
sound of it though you have the dreaded intermediate shaft problem that
I'm expecting to happen on mine at any time. Hopefully the dealer won't
give you to much grief and blame it on the lift kit, if your truck is
still under warranty.

Dave T.
99 Solar Yellow CC 4x4