RE: RE: pictures are up now/Lift info

From: McKinney, John R. MHX (McKinJr@HPD.Abbott.com)
Date: Fri Sep 10 1999 - 14:05:49 EDT

Anything specific you want to know??

Yeah I did it myself. I had a friend help with a few things, but really you
don't even need that. It took a total of 4 full days pretty much by myself.
I'm sure you could do it in less, but I took my time and had problems
getting some of the factory parts off (like 5 hrs to get the center link off
the pitman and idler arms, and yes, I tried several forks!! Another guy got
his off in like 10 min, go figure).

Overall it's not hard to do, just takes time. Have air tools available if
possible, I.E. Impact gun, air wratchet and die grinder. They will make
things much easier. The instructions included are not the best and a lot of
steps are "assumed" so you kind of have to read between the lines sometimes.

The biggest problem I had (and others I've heard) was finding out what
position some of the differential drop brackets go in. The instructions
contradict what the pictures show when it comes to the diff. drop brackets.
Other than that and having to wipe down gear oil (from coming out of the
axle vent tube) for a couple days because they make you over fill it to
compensate for the increased angle
of the axle, I'm happy. It rides as smooth as it was when it was stock.

If you or anybody else is planning on doing this kit, contact me and I can
give you some hints to make things easier.

John McKinney