RE: THERMOSTATS..........

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sun Sep 12 1999 - 02:45:31 EDT

> I know that putting a 180 thermostat, improves
> prformance,
> but it also decreases your mileage by about 1mpg. Also im worried about
> about winter operation. Would installing a Heavy duty195 degree
> thermostat
> be more accurate and make it run cooler? anybody who has a 180 degree
> thermostat please respond,
> THanx.

I have a 180 Tstat in my v6. Run it all year here in NJ. It does take a bit
longer to warm in the Winter but other than that mine truck runs fine. I am
also still runnning the stock fan. The truck came with the 180 Tstat (lease
return)and it was used in South Carolina before it made it here to Jersey.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ