Re: SHIFT KITS!!!!!!!!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Sep 12 1999 - 18:32:31 EDT

At 02:30 AM 9/12/99 EDT, you wrote:
>CAn any of you guys recommend me a good shift kit? Im leaning
>towards a TRANSGO. Just wanna get some opinions, in case there's
>something better i don't know about. Mike Travalja

I am tremedously pleased with the Transgo Kit (installed by a
20-year experienced tranny person) on the streets. The shifts
are firmed up but not too harsh, and the slippage is cut down quite
a bit.

On the track at WOT, manually shifts are a bit erratic. At times,
the tranny will stay in second even though you've done a manual shift
into third (my 2-3 shifts are done @ 5300 rpm at WOT). To a lesser
extent, the 1-2 shift will sometimes stay in first at WOT. Need
to back off the pedal before the tranny will shift. This seems to
happen after you get on the pedal fairly heavily/sustained during
a tire warmup.

Bob, Burlington, Ontario
'97 FR CC NSV Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.