Mopar Sunday at the strip

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 09:14:05 EDT

Mopar Fall Challenge was held yesterday at Cayuaga Dragway
in Ontario along with the regular bracket races. Never seen
as many FAST mopars at the track at any one time.

Out of the 6 runs, I had problems with the tranny staying
in 2nd in 4 of them. Has anyone who have had similar problems
at the track with the Transgo kit under WOT found out what
is causing this? I'm going to speak with the tranny people
this week and see if they are able to explain it and if they
can come up with any solutions. I'll pass along anything that
I find useful.

I ran against a Ranger in one of the test and tunes. We
both staged and sat there for about 30 secs. before the tree
began its countdown (???). He had a .600 rt to my .677 and I
finished with a 15.530 @ 86.52 to his 16.457 @ 81.42 . Track
was pretty slippery and the tranny stayed in 2nd until 6000 rpms.

I drew a '69 RR 440 in round 1 of street elimination. He dialed
a 12.00 to my 15.36 (best t&t for the day was a 15.383). I again
experienced the 2nd gear problem but, this time, I lifted the pedal
a bit at 5400 rpm, got the shift and got back on the pedal. As I
approached the trap, I was wondering where the RR was ... couldn't
see him or hear him. After I crossed the line, he went sailing
by like a rocket. He was a bit upset, banged his steering wheel
with both hands, and at the turn-off, just floored it before it
straightened out.

When I got the slip, I found I had broken out with a personal best
time of 15.306 @ 88.27 to his 12.222 @ 112.72 . I also found why
he did not catch me ... my rt was a .570 to his .686 . It made taking
off the drag radials much easier. Great day!!!

Bob, Burlington, Ontario
'97 FR CC NSV Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.