Re: Re: Dakota Problems...

From: Joseph DaVolio (DavolJ@olympus.com)
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 13:44:58 EDT

That does not sound normal. If you hear the grinding noise, then that is bad. Possibly a clutch engagement problem. Take it to a tranny shop. Usually they give free evaluations. If they say there is a problem, then go back to the dealer and BITCH. Ask to speak to the service manager and if that doesn't help, speak to the area Rep. As long as you can reproduce the problem, then shove it in their face. Good Luck!!!

Joe

>>> John Daigle <thestuff@javanet.com> 09/13 1:36 PM >>>
I have tried that, still to no avail. I've gone through all 5 gears and
no matter what, I still have to let up the clutch, put it back down and
put it in reverse. I can feel the gears through the stick, but you can
also hear the grind pretty nice even with the windows up and my music up
loud! If thats normal...it sucks!