Re: "Why does it do this?"

From: Joseph DaVolio (DavolJ@olympus.com)
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 15:40:03 EDT

It is a little over 8 months old. I have around 6500 miles on it. I just thought it was weird that it only happens when I make left turns.

Let me see if I under stand this "sure Grip" thingy... The right rear wheel is the "power wheel" and the left rear only "locks" when the right side slips. Correct? So if this is true, why would the left side "lock" under this condition??

Joe

>>> <Jetmugg@aol.com> 09/13 3:17 PM >>>

Sounds to me like an abnormality in your sure-grip unit (assuming that you
have the sure-grip rear end). If the truck is brand new, it will probably
wear in and be okay after 20K miles or so. If not, it sounds like there
might be something strange going on in the rear end.

SteveM.