Re: Differential cover gaskets?

From: BoogYT1300@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 14 1999 - 06:45:21 EDT

In a message dated 9/13/99 7:26:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jbleazard@home.com writes:

<< Anyone ever used a gasket on the diff covers? The service manual says just
 goop some silicone around it. Just wondering if anyone had found a real
 gasket and how it worked out.

 Thanks. >>
You can get a gasket, I have used them. I prefer a gasket and permatex. The
gasket will give a good seal and the goop just helps keep water out.
But if you are only changing fluid get a suction gun and suck, baby.:0)
Thats easy way out. If you have LS, you need to get a small bottle of smurf
piss (blue, stinky friction modifier) from the dealer. Costs about $5 US.
Boog