Fuel Pump Goes !!!!

From: stevie.o@excite.com
Date: Tue Sep 14 1999 - 13:53:29 EDT

Hello all
Just thought I'd kiss and tell about my new 99 SLT 4x4 318, and her moaning
fuel pump. I have noticed a high pitched hum from behind the cab. The fuel
pump is the only moving part when the truck isn't moving. It was easy to
issolate the sound, since I had replaced on an old escort ( dam ford to
hell )
Well this high hum has been getting louder, I can hear it easily from the
rear split window, echoing up thought the body/bed gap, since I have a
Camper Cap, it is even easier to hear.
Dropped of my DAK today for her 9000 mile oil change!!! YUP 9K and they are
pulling the pump!!!!
I think this is anopther reason to start a VIN # registry, we all put in
our vin#'s along with manufacture defects/ dates/ mileage !!!
I have found the TSB site, but they do not go in depth as to the real
reason behind the TSB.
All you 99 guys should start listening for those fuel pumps befor 9K!!!!

stevie.o@excite.com
99 SLT CC 4x4 318, 3:92
never got better than 15.5 mpg normal driving, looking for better MPG with
better fuel press.??