Re: Speedo Gear change location.

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 15 1999 - 03:35:24 EDT

In a message dated 9/14/99 11:10:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Dester223@aol.com writes:

<< That makes my gear ratio now 3.96s. I plan on doin a speedo gear
 change to get the correct odometer and speedometer readings. Where the heck
 is it located at? I looked all over the tranny for it today and found
 nothing. for any one who has done this. PLEASE tell...

 Oh yea. it's a 36 spine "gear" and will cost a whoopin 15 bucks. i'm gonna
 drop by the dealership tomorrow and see how much they want to put it in.
Any
 ideas on pricing?
 -Dester

It's on the drivers side if my memory serves me correctly .... it's not hard
to miss, you'll see the cover on the side of the transmission with a cable
attached ...

it's held in by a single bolt. just one. it's a very simple swap, just make
sure you put the bracket back on the way it came off. you shouldn't lose
enough ATF to worry about it, I changed mine in the dirt at the drag strip on
my SS/T ... I wouldn't bother paying anyone for anything that easy!

ttyl
Patrick
http://surf.to/rdperformance