RE: MSD Ignition Died

From: Kurt Swanson (kswanson@peerenvironmental.com)
Date: Thu Sep 16 1999 - 12:55:35 EDT

I strated having cold weather starting problems about a month ago. Would
open the hood and play around with everything (jiggling wires and such) and
eventually it would start. This condition became more frequent and
irritating until yesterday when it wouldn't start no matter what I tried.
So off to the dealership we go (by flatbed I might add!) Dealer checked it
out and told me that they had isolated the problem down to my MSD 6 Off-road
box. Technician asked if I was uinsg a Rev limiter, I said no! He said
that he had an MSD unit go on him in his race car! Said he thought that
they made the best product out there, and that occaisional lemons will
happen! Anyway, has anyone else had an MSD Crap out on them?

Just curious!

Thanks
Kurt