Re: Differential cover gaskets?

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 16 1999 - 20:31:13 EDT

In a message dated 9/13/99 10:11:02 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
Ramsport96@aol.com writes:

<< fel pro makes a gasket..
 i found one at auto zone..
 if you do a good job with silicone it lasts just as long,
 they come from the factory with silicone anywayz..just dont ding up your
diff
 cover and you'll be ok..
 if your cover leaks, it may be some cheap insurance.. >>

Ahhh OK, I didn't know what they came with from the factory, I have had the
stuff sitting in my garage to change the Diff Fluid, just never found a
gasket. So do I jsut mkae a ring, and little circles around the bolt holes,
also do I jsut do this on the cover, or the diff itself? Greg