Re: Re: gas

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@wcom.com)
Date: Thu Sep 16 1999 - 22:32:11 EDT

Just remember... a good portion of the cost of gas is taxes... Here in
Colorado, I think it's $0.22 per gallon of taxes...on top of the federal
$0.184 per gallon... it's labelled on the pumps... It's a very popular with
the greenies, as it like "punishing the sinners"... the more gas you use,
the more you're polluting (presumably) but the more you're taxed...

but the state with the worst taxes isn't what you think... it's connecticut,
at $0.36 per gallon... and Georgia is the lowest at only $0.07 per gallon...
so why does California have such high prices when they've only pay $0.18 per
gallon? liberal guilt for living in the people's republic of Kalifornia,
maybe?

If you want to check out your state, try:
http://www.smart.net/~kaz/gasoline.html

Gary Shook
Penrose, CO

I hate you. 87 $1.45-1.60 I don't even know how much premium
costs, and I don't want to know.
Flip Portland, OR