DML:Service suggestion

From: Joseph DaVolio (DavolJ@olympus.com)
Date: Fri Sep 17 1999 - 10:35:17 EDT

If I may, I would like to make a suggestion to everyone. If your DAK starts having drivability problems, try to remove your engine mods one by one before calling the dealer for help. This will save you a lot of $$ in the long run. A dealer loves to find that it was a engine "mod" that caused the problem. In MOST cases they will charge you for the towing and diagnostic charges. This has to be the tenth time I have heard of a MSD 6 or some other ignition mod crap out and cause an un-needed tow to the dealer. These mods are great when they work, but when they crap out the dealer will thank you. This is one of the biggest fears in modding an engine.

Joe

>>> "Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@texas.net> 09/16 1:23 PM >>>
Had mine die a few months ago, sent it in and it was returned 3 weeks
later. (Brand New one at that)

It's funny, the MSD-6 (Standard) Box has been working flawlessly for me and
the "Offroad" version crapped out. Go figure.

Just send it in for an RMA.

- Bernd