re :Towing with a 4x4 questions

From: Mike Burgess (mike.burgess@akamail.com)
Date: Sat Sep 18 1999 - 10:46:49 EDT

HI Sam. I'm way behind in my mail, and while I've not towed with
my DAK, I've had it very loaded and done the grapevine. My mileage
dropped from it's normal 17.5 to about 14 on that trip. I dropped
out of OD on every hill, trying to keep rpm's about 2400 when climbing.
 (I chose 2400 because it was up in the published torque band)
My OD has nearly a 1000 rpm spread, how can youget only 200?
I have 318, auto, and tire/handling pkg tires.
You've likely made it back now, what mileage did you get?