Maintenance, Maintenance, Maintenance

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 21 1999 - 12:53:53 EDT

Looks like I will be spending Saturday with my Dakota, doing some maintenace
and getting it ready for fall and especially deer hunting season. Here is
what I have planned for this week:
1.I am going to order today new polyurethane sway bar bushings, not sure
though if they will be here by Saturday or not. Fairly cheap $30 upgrade.
2.I will be taking my truck in Thrusday morning to get some quarter sized
spots on my Rhino Liner(5 years old, about 97,000 miles) touched up. Free of
charge.
3.I am going to have the transmission serviced(new filter, tranny fluid,
clean pan, new pan gasket); I usually have this service done every 30-35,000
miles. Not a single tranny related problem yet. $40 Total.
4.Oil and filter change. Been using Castrol 10W-30 and Phram PH16 filter
since 13,000 miles, now at 109,800 miles.I change the oil and filter EVERY
3,000 miles. I also open up both oil fill covers on both valve covers when
the oil is draining and pour 1 quart in each valve cover to 'flush' out
anything. Can't be doing it myself for $8.
5.I am also going to check the fluid in the front and rear diffs, I use
Amsoil 75W-90 as well as check the Amsoil ATF in my trasfer case.
6.I am going to drain and fill the radiator. I flush the entire system every
other year and drain the coolant every year. No cooling system related
problems yet. I put on new radiator hoses(both upper and lower) in the spring
along with a new tstat and gasket.
7.Take the old power steering fluid out and put new fluid in
8.Take the brake fluid out of the master cylinder and put new fluid in.
9. I am also going to start the bend, drill holes, and paint the 1/4" steel
plate for my homebrewed transfer case skid plate.
Sorry for the long post, just thought I would share my plans with everyone,
anything I missed????
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6