Re: Noisy Lifters

From: Tibor Kun (tiborkun@excite.com)
Date: Tue Sep 21 1999 - 19:12:34 EDT

Gary,

>> I run Mobil 1, and I don't get noisy lifters ever... I think the more
important thing to prevent drainback into the pan is your oil filter...
which one are you running? make sure it has an anti-drainback valve in it
(Mobil 1's filter does, that's what I use.. so does a Purolator pure one
filter) I don't think the bottom of the line Fram uses an anti-drainback,
as well as some other brands...<<

I'm sure it's not the Mobil 1 that's doing it; I just changed back to normal
oil in case they raise a fuss about using unrecommended synthetic in it.
I've been running Mobil 1 in it much longer than I've had this problem -
it's not the oil. Dunno about the filter, though.

--
Tibor Kun
Email: tkun@compuserve.com

________________________________________________________________ Get FREE voicemail, fax and email at http://voicemail.excite.com Talk online at http://voicechat.excite.com