Re: what tires do I want?????????????????????????

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 21 1999 - 22:43:09 EDT

I have the "4x4" rim on my 97 dakota. split 5 spoke alum 15x8s. I
effectively changed my gear ratio from 3.55 to 3.80 and the truck has a lower
stance. (it's great! especially when i lower it!) Anyways. I can't really
peel out with the new BFG radials. Yea. their tread design does seem a bit
basic. but it's great on the strip. As for in the rain. I mean, with ALL
the tires i've had. I can lose traction in the rain. These are average along
with the Goodyear eagle LS, and uniroyal laredos(siped, oh don't sipe your
tires, unless you want bits and chunks to be missing here and there) anyways.
I haven't been in rain enough to tell if they're a good tire or not, but i
DO have to consider that i've upped my gear ratio and have added a lot more
goodies since..
-Dester

<< OK on the previous Email someone(dester) said they had 235/60R15, I was
 wondering if these were on the factory 15X7 rims, if you had any rubbing,
nad
 also hows the wet weather traction, the tread besign on the BFG's looks
 shitty to me(thats the only reason why I don't have them) Right now I have
 235/75s, there corning sucks, but their tread design is great in the
 rain(Kuhmo AST's). I love the price tag on the BFGs thouh $56 or so...
 Anyway thanks for help.. Greg