Re: Rearend strength vs size question...

From: Eric Kurtz (Erics5.9@home.com)
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 08:17:37 EDT

  I think it was out of a challenger/cuda. It's about 1" narrower than
what we have now. Yeah it will work, just like what someone else posted
earlier about putting it in their Shelby. You really only need to
relocate the perches for the springs and shocks. I would think though
that I will need to have my driveshaft cut, or just get a new one
because of the difference in size of rears. Im going to weld an extra
shock mount though. My boss built an older Dakota, 93 I think, and they
ran a 3 shock system to eliminate wheel hop. It really works too. This
is the Little Red Dakota that Im talking about. It was at the auto show
in 92 I think. It was kind of the Father dak to the Sport and R/T daks.
Eric