RE: A note for Bernd, and a invite to Big Bear this Sat.

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 08:29:22 EDT

Sheesh....I was just tesing Ed. ;)

I want pictures!! Lots -O- Pictures!!

- Bernd

"Nitrous is my friend"

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet4.buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet4.buffnet.net]On Behalf Of Ed
Halterman
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 1999 11:21 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: A note for Bernd, and a invite to Big Bear this Sat.

Well, I'm estimating the power of the Dak, taking the stock figure, and
adding the claims of what the mods say to the factory rating. NOS scares
me, dude. Seen what happens too many times!! No thanks, will let you do
it and watch from far away!! The Toronado HAS been dyno'd at the 400hp
figure, and has 480lbs of torque. Dak has not been on a dyno yet, and as
soon as I do, you will be the first to know so we can compare notes to
see what works. Did the IAT trick (finally!), man, it pulls strong in
the 40-60mph range now. Got new MSD box today, will put on tomorrow.
Wish me luck on that one!!!! Going to do some off-roading this weekend
with a bunch of Durango club guys up in Big Bear, 110 miles east of here
(I think me and Sam P will be the only Daks there) They say it is an
easy trail, at 18' wide. I have a yank strap, and 9 years of recovery
experience, so we'll see. I promise I will take pics and video cam, and
Sam will probably have his new toy (digi cam) there, also recording all
the highlights. Anyone else wanna do some trail running this weekend (if
it don't rain again)??

Ed "Olznut" Halterman
'97 Dakota SLT+ CC Auto, 239 V-6, 200hp
'66 Olds Toronado Deluxe, 425 V-8, 400hp