Re: T-Tech Transmission Service

From: Wesley Beck (dakotaslt99@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 19:07:24 EDT

When I worked at the local Speedy Oil, we used the T-Tech machine and it
seemed to do a good job. We tapped into the transmission cooling lines that
go into the radiator. If my memory serves me correctly, trucks usually take
about 14 quarts of ATF. I have also heard from one of my mechanic friends
that if you don't change the filter at the same time it is pointless. The
machine sucks the fluid out of the transmission, going up through the filter
and depositing the crap in the filter, but then replaces the fluid at the
same time. Then common sense would say that the new fluid just flushes the
crap back out into the pan. I hope this info helps.

Wesley Beck
Gibson cat-back, homemade filtercharger