Re: RE: Increased Capacity Oil Filter

From: Mtbfed@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 20:02:10 EDT

> Purolator L30001 is a full-quart filter which fits only the 2 wd.
> The extra capacity provides for greater filtering and a little
> more oil capacity.
>
>The L30001 is the same spec (as far as fit & overall size) as the PH8A and
>the Mobil 1 M1-301...
>
>The M1-301 is physically compatible (it will attach) with the connector,
>but it hits the frame rail on my 4x2, and there have been reports of it
>hitting on the 4x4s as well. Looks like for 97+ you're screwed if you
>want a larger filter.

I tried to fit the Purolator Pure One (PL30001) on my 99 4x2 V8 today
It hit my frame, couldn't even get it on, so I cleaned it up and
had to get a ride back to the parts store to get a shorter one (PL20081)
I'ts a little bit taller than stock, not quite as big as the big one, but
fits just right!
It crosses to; Fram PH 43, Wix 51068. and if you want to cross it to Ferb
or Gentile Muctors parts here's those #'s; AC PF20+, Motorcrapt FL-173.
P.S. if your going to try the big one, make sure you have a ride, or get both
and return one later ;-)

Marc Federici
99 SLT+ CC 5.2 5sp 4x2 3.55sg