A used V6 is almost the same price as new one.

From: Antonio De Anda (adeanda@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Sep 24 1999 - 03:28:29 EDT

If you find one at a junk yard, they will probably charge you about
$150.
when all the V6 said they were interested, I went out and bought a bunch
of new Cores at $175 a piece. So if you cant find one, drop me a line,
and I will send you the # of the place I get my TB cores
from..........they should be about $175 plus shipping or about $185.
So for another $65 you can get the already done up TB with a new gasket,
new SS button head bolts, longer S bolt, and easy instructions, and the
return postage for your core return, sent out 2nd day air. I currently
have 3 of them ready to ship out..
Steve, your TB is shipping out tomarrow.