Re: New Guy with thoughts on Ram Air & TB question..

From: Ramsport96@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 25 1999 - 09:53:41 EDT

exactly what i thought,
now i just run an open element air cleaner and use my homebrew ram air to
bring what cool air i can into the air cleaner.
the open element cleaner sucks in engine bay air but the top end power
outweighs any benefit of cold air it seems or at least my timeslips prove
otherwise.
The stock dakota air intake provides good cool air charge but it will run
like a dog at the top end because the intake restricts it at about 4500 to
the revlimiter, I proved this lastnight with the open element cleaner, i went
from 10.6's to 10.14 in the eigth mile at 69ish miles an hour
the next hangup is that damn exhaust manifold , y pipe and cat, they are so
freakin small...
welcom to the list and don't forget to get your sticker..enjoy your new dodge
dakota..
Paul