new truck'n issue (factory performance conparison)

From: GG428@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 25 1999 - 15:57:21 EDT

has anybody else seen the article yet?? they compare the Killerbee Dakota to
the chevy Silverado SS, the toyota Tacoma TRD, the Searing Silverado, Mr.
Norm's supercharged 500 ram, and a puny mark martin edition ford f 150, pluss
several suvs. the SS seems like quite a match for the dakota in every
catagory except for 0-60. A real supprise was the Jeep GC unlimated, which
geat the Killerbee in 0-60, and Breaking. But the one that took me by suprise
was the trd tacoma which was faster than the dakota in every catagory!!!!!
all it takes is a v-6 and a trd supercharger with new exhaust and
headers.that was just my last truck, and I almost bought a new one see
tinstead of the dak, but the dealer knew nothing about the trd options. and
now I find out that it would have cost under $20,000 for the tacoma. Oh well
lets see that little thing pull a boat :) its a great article you should all
check it out. well now that I have my dak back from the body shop I am ready
to go to some shows. there is the truckin' Nats coming up oct 16-17 at
Firebird raceway in Phoenix Az, and I would like to know how many other dak
owners are planning on attending.
gregg
99 cc 5.2 5spd