(no subject)

From: Mike Gibbons (gibbons@fn.net)
Date: Sun Sep 26 1999 - 01:17:49 EDT

Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 22:50:04 +0000
From: Andy Roberts <andy@kymtnnet.org>
Subject: DML: Mopar Performance Computer VS Hypertech Power Programmer III

Which will give the BEST performance gain?
Hypertech's Power Programmer is not out yet for '99?
Has any one got or had a Power Programmer? Performance?
Help me out - Andy Roberts '99 Flame Red Dakota R/T

Andy,

I recently call hypertech and inquired about the Power Programmer. They
said they hoped to have it out by the end of the year. I decided to go with
the their Power Tuning Module instead.

1. Because it was cheaper.
2. Available right now.
3. Hypertech admitted I would get the same HP & Torque increases as the
Power Programmer.

According to Hypertech, the power programmer will allow you to raise the
top speed limiter and adjust for gearing and different than original tire
sizes but won't have any effect on shift points or firmness (like on that
other brand of truck). Since I don't normally drive around at triple digit
speeds and don't plan to raise my Dak, these features did not appeal to me.

Don't know much about the Mopar unit.

Mike G.