New Member and K&N GenII Install Issues

From: RGSJR99@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 26 1999 - 11:01:09 EDT

Hi all, I've been a member on quite a few lists and I have to say this is one
of the nicest groups I've ever seen. I took delivery of my 99 CC 4x4 5.2l
sport back in May and promptly order the K&N GenII system. I could not get
the K&N neoprene TB gasket to seat right ( would wiggle or blow out at
different points) no matter how I adjusted the bonnet. I eventually called
K&N and told them it had to be a bad gasket and they sent another no
questions asked ( of course the little stud that goes into the TB froze to
the aluminun hold dowm bolt but that's another issue). When the new gasket
came I had the same problem, it wouldn't seat. I checked the bonnet with a
straight edge and it seems nice and flush. I ended up using the factory TB
gasket and it seems to be working fine. Anyone else experience this or have
any suggestions?

Any help/thoughts appreciated,
Rich S.
MontCo., PA