Re: Subject: Spinning the tires

From: Mike Gibbons (gibbons@fn.net)
Date: Sun Sep 26 1999 - 13:54:40 EDT

Re: Subject: DML: Spinning the tires.

Get this. Las nigh on the way home from the pool hall I got ticketed for
and I quote "illegally screeching my tires" Is this not the biggest load of
pig
crap you have ever heard. It gets better. The cop was a real jerk about
it.
 When I tried to apologize and say it was and accident "which it really
was"
he called me a liar. So when he gave me a ticket I called him a tough
guy...

Josh,

The fact is, your are expected to be able to maintain control of your
vehicle at all times. Even if I honestly didn't see that stop sign, ran
through the intersection and killed a mother and her kid in a minivan, I am
responsible and will be held accountable. "It was an accident" will not
hold up in court. "Exhibition of speed" is what they call it in Texas and I
have been ticketed for it and rightly so. Even at my advanced age of 32, I
love the hear those 31.5's howl. And with LSD I look back and see two
"darkies", not some wimpy one-wheel peel.

Remember that cops are at their job and will have bad days just like you
and me. They have to deal with the bottom feeders of society on a daily
basis. Don't get me wrong, there are some bad apples out there. If you
really feel you were wronged, the proper action would be to respond
politely, take it up with his supervisor & internal affairs and have your
day in court. Do your homework, present a good case and be respectful to
the judge. If the cop really thinks your just a punk-ass kid, this will
really get his goat. What better (and legal) revenge?

I think that if he was a truly bad cop, by the time you finished telling
him what a big tough man he is behind that gun and badge (how many times a
day do you think he hears that one?) and what a slow piece of shit his car
is ,he would have pulled you out and introduced you to Mr. Billy Club or
maybe Mr. 8 cell Mag-Light then took you downtown for resisting arrest.

Cop: "Hey Bubba, meet your new cellmate Josh"
Bubba: "Hey Josh, you got a real purty mouth"

Count yourself lucky, things could have been worse.

Mike G.
'99 Dak 4x4, CC, 318/auto, K&N Gen II, Extange Black Max cover, Speedliner
'94 Suzuki RF900R (Believe me, this will get you in trouble quick!