Re: Gear swaps

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 26 1999 - 15:38:43 EDT

In a message dated 9/26/99 2:36:47 PM Central Daylight Time,
nosdakota@email.msn.com writes:

<< I know alot of people are going to disagree with me here but... When I got
 the gears (4.11's from 3.55's) I also did some other mods around the same
 time so I didn't know which mods provided how much change. After a year or
 so the 4.11's went south(poor install guy didn't know you can't reuse the
 torque to yield bolts) Anyway I then went back to the 3.55's and while it
 did change my 60' times and my end mph the E.T. remained EXACTLY the same.
 The steeper gears were fun on the street but provided no value in the 1/4
 mile >>

But gear swaps are really mandatory when going to a larger diameter tire(like
when lifting a truck) to help restore the power lost due to the larger tires
being used.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6