Re: 4.7 vs 5.2: READ me

From: jimm (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Sun Sep 26 1999 - 20:46:07 EDT

It's not the valvetrain, OHC motors can be better but smaller displacement
engines result in less torque at the bottom end.
THE ONLY SUBSTITUTE FRO CUBIC INCHES IS CUBIC FEET!!! In the 60s and 70s Ford
made some SOHC 427 cid engines that were the only thing that could come close
to a hemi!
Pity that manufactures today have better technology but insist on using it on
smaller displacement engines. My 2 cents.
Jim in Waco

Patrick Delgado wrote:Oh good, an engineer. Can you clarify for us how it is
that pushrods create more power than ohc's?