Re:Auto trans. trouble

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Sep 27 1999 - 13:26:06 EDT

The one time I had trouble like that was because the fluid level was low... Be
sure to check it in neutral (parking brake on --DOH!) after it's up to
operating temp.
Tom

Subject: DML: Auto trans. trouble
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: 9/27/99 9:55 AM

My '96 318 automatic 4x2 has developed a problem, wondering if anybody
has had simular experence. When in drive at wide open throttle the trans
will not upshift. I have to let up on throttle then it will shift. This only
happens with 2nd. to 3rd. shift, all other shifts are fine.