Re: Mike Leach header program cancled

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 27 1999 - 20:48:19 EDT

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, John Neff wrote:

> All,
> I am sorry to inform everyone that Mike Leach has been forced to cancel the
> DML group buy effective immediately. He sent me an email stating that Mopar
> Performance has demanded that he cancel the program entirely. He also asked
> that I stop using his name and contact info in conjunction with Mopar
> headers. He gave no further details. I hope that everyone that was
> interested in getting these headers has been able to do so.

   Ahh yes; yet another instance of Mopar Performance looking out for the
little guys. To think that I actually believed MP (Lou Patane?) when
they said they were going to be concentrating on helping the street/low
buck racers. Pffft!! Then again, they *did* pull out on Dunn and company,
so maybe they've decided to stop discriminationg and start screwing
*everybody* over. "Mopar Performance: An equal opportunity backstabber."
:-) (Sorry for the venting; Mopar Performance used to be a name I
was proud to be associated with, but as of late, I have wittnessed nothing
but dissapointing behavior from that lot.) About the only thing they
have going for them is their size and direct connection to DC. It
would be sooo easy to create a performance outfit that would put them
to shame.

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |