Re: Borla vs Leach????

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 23:45:22 EDT

Why would anyone be interested in how much HP the Mopar headers release
without the Y-pipe? You can only buy the headers with the Y, and if you
chose not to use it, you would have to have a custom Y fab'd since you can't
use the stock Y. Borla and Mopar are both very good headers. If you go with
the Borla, you are going to have stainless steel, but they are shorties. If
you opt for the Mopar, they are mild steel (nickel plated) but are closer to
a long tube design. On a mildly or otherwise stock engine, I'm sure that
both headers are nearly equal in performance and your decision will most
likely be personal preference. On an engine that is mod'd a little more and
you are looking for as much performance as possible without the hassles of a
full custom install, I would opt for the Mopars and have then ceramic
coated. As a matter of fact, I did :)

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers, T&B TB, DDBC

>Which do you guys think makes more power , the borla headers, or Leach
headers with out the y-pipe?