Re: Auto trans. trouble

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 19:56:23 EDT

In a message dated 9/27/99 12:55:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
duster451@hotmail.com writes:

<< My '96 318 automatic 4x2 has developed a problem, wondering if anybody
 has had simular experence. When in drive at wide open throttle the trans
 will not upshift. I have to let up on throttle then it will shift. This only
 happens with 2nd. to 3rd. shift, all other shifts are fine.

 Try to back off your cable from TB to tranny. Mine was adjusted to far and
did the same thing or it would shift up then back down. Re-adjusted the cable
and it was OK.

Bill