Re: Accel Super Coils......

From: Mike Gibbons (gibbons@fn.net)
Date: Tue Sep 28 1999 - 19:11:47 EDT

      It's a different adapter Dodge used to connect to the coil. That's
why the
      adapter harness is needed. And it's taking me forever trying to get
on. Jegs
      says Oct 13...but I've had it on order to two months straight....

The Accel website shows the coil and adapter under "new products". It says
"Allows you to directly plug-in an ACCEL P/N 140021 Super coil or ACCEL
300+ Ignition system P/N 49328 into a 1998 or new Dodge Truck / Jeep
equipped with the new light grey Yazaki wiring harness coil connector. No
cutting or splicing required."

I looked at my coil ('99 w/318) and I have a black connector. I called
Accel and the tech guy I got was a real dumb***. He didn't know a thing
about it, had to tell him where on the website to look. Then he tells me
"It doesn't say '99", I say "What the hell does '98 and new(er) mean?" All
I get is "uhhhhh...". Well, I ordered the coil and adapter from RV
Performance anyway. Don't know what I'll get or whether I can even use it.
Has anyone put one of these on a '99? What's the deal with the gray vs.
black connector?

Oh yeah, I took the part # for the Borg Warner brass cap & rotor to Pep
Boys (C191P & D223). The inserts did not look like brass to me so I didn't
get it. Can anyone confirm this P/N for my '99? I can't seem to find anyone
who makes a high perf. cap & rotor for my truck. Accel makes one for the
'98. Will this fit '99? What's the diff? The only plug wires I could find
were Jacobs. MSD and Accel did not list any for '99. Any thoughts on Jacobs
wires?

Mike G.