to those installing elec. fans.....

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 11:24:04 EDT

Just thought I'd thrown in some insight for those about to install an
electric fan.. Make sure you either 1) mount it in such a way it's not a
complete pain in the arse to remove, or 2) mount it giving plenty of room
for the bolts on either side of the water pump. There are 4? rather long
bolts, 2 on the left, and 2 on the right of the water pump.

I know some fans aren't as thick as the Hayden units, but keep them bolts in
mind when you install. It was definitely an unforseen headache when I had
to take off my water pump.
Jon Smith-Raleigh,NC-http://www4.ncsu.edu/~jdsmith4
'95 318 auto CC 4x4: Accel Supercoil, JBA headers,
dual glasspack, 14x3 FABM, F&B Stage I TB, !EGR,
MSD 8.5's, self-moded intake, 180 degree thermo,
ASP crank pulley, 16" Hayden elec. fan, MP SBEC,
BEST: 0-60 in 6.3 & 1/4mi 15.5@87.5
207.2 RWHP, 276.2 RW ft/lbs