Re: Power potential of 360?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 16:47:36 EDT

At 03:18 PM 9/29/99 -0400, you wrote:
> <SNIP> As long as I can tell it what gear to be in all the time, and
>I can tell it when to shift (manual valve body?), gimme that auto! :-)

Now that I have been revived (smelling salts please) ... 1 means first,
2 means second, D means third and overdrive fourth, N means you went too
far...

> Soo... Speaking of which... How does one pick the right torque
>converter for their particular combo?

I've been reading a couple articles on these things for the past while
and every time my head starts to spin and hurt, I put them away for future
reference. Best that I can make out, after you have completed your mods,
a reputable company will go over what you've done ... dyno results, cam specs,
etc. ... and come up with a best fit. I gather that the cam specs may be
the most NB criteron.

Bob, Burlington, Ontario
'97 FR CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto., 15.268 @ 88.86