RE: RE: Re: Power potential of 360?

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 20:00:56 EDT

> At 03:56 PM 9/28/99 -0400, you wrote:
> >I have to interject here... Is this 340 water injected??? The
> reason I ask
> >is that a 340 punched to 355cid is already dangerously close to the water
> >jacket.. Then again I could be wrong...
>
> A 3.58" stroke takes the 340 to 367 cid so I assume it's aok. Can't see
> them giving this information if it wasn't.
> (July'98 Mopar Muscle).

The message stated "punched". To my understanding (at least here in NJ),
punching an engine is boring out the block, and putting in over sized
pistons. Lengthening the stroke poses it's own set of problems too. You'll
have to have matched pistons and rods for the crank otherwise you'll be
bending valves so head clearance is a factor. All that stuff would probably
be custom.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ