Re: Radar Jammers - Kinda long...let's end this thread.

From: Aaron Braun (zanphier@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Sep 30 1999 - 01:14:26 EDT

Ok first off..you aren't going to hide from laser. If they nail you with
laser, and your radar picks it up..go ahead and pull over and wait for the
blue lights. I know God's Safety Patrol (Georgia State Patrol, there are
worse but keeping the respect for any troopers/law enforcement on the list
;) nailed me with a laser, if they hit you..most likely they are just
hanging out and just going to radio ahead to a cruiser to pick you up down
the road. On the note of the jammers, they don't jam the frequency, they
take the signal that was sent to you, suck it up and spit it out in a
thousand different directions most of the time making your signal unreadable
or an odd number. I have seen someone get pulled over because their jammer
actually (don't know how) put a faster number on the deputies detector.

We each finds what works for us, not all of us like the detectors or are not
even allowed to use them. As is radar detectors were created for highway
drivers, giving the detector ample room to effectively work, with the amount
of electronics and radar/radio signals (dept stores, gas stations..etc..)
your jammer may go off too soon and you will probably get pulled over.

Use intelligence when you are driving, if you are going to race and know the
road has cops crawling on it..take it to another road, anyone wanting a race
will mostly follow, depending on how bad you are wooping up on them. If you
are in a race and your detector starts going nuts..give a lovetap on your
brakes and start slowing down..they will catch on if they are of any
intelligence. Its respect, intelligence and just plain luck that is gonna
keep us moving fast and not getting caught. I have 3 speeding tickets to my
name, so my truck is already known and marked as a speeder by both counties
in my area. Its a risk and a rush, if you got the wallet for it risk it.
Otherwise play it safe.

Aaron Braun