RE: RE: RE: RE: Spank? Well sort of..but funny (radar jammers)

From: Mike Gibbons (gibbons@fn.net)
Date: Thu Sep 30 1999 - 07:21:38 EDT

RF emitting devices still have to be certified by the manufacturer. While
you may no longer need to obtain a FCC license to operate a CB, at one time
you did. I think they fall into the realm of cell phones and hand held
radios now. These devices are still certified to FCC Reg's by the
manufacturer. Transmitting an RF signal from an uncertified device is
illegal. If yours works for you, cool. I am merely stating that I don't
beleive they work as a whole and a person would be better off spending his
money on a good detector. Also, I think anyone thinking about buying one
should be aware of any possible legal fallout.

Mike G.