Re: high altitude option

From: Michael Sykes (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 30 1999 - 17:01:01 EDT

>>The MAP sensor in
> a speed density system or the MAF sensor in a mass air flow system
> should allow the computer to compensate for changes in barometric
> pressure due to alititude or weather. ?<<<

$0.02 from Mike D.

but isn't air that's higher up less dense?? isn't there less Oxygen in the air up in the higher altitude? As we all know, internal combustion needs oxygen to happen. With less oxygen, less combustion= less efficiency. I'm not a scientific type, so that's a pretty uneducated guess. =)

maybe?
I dunno... =)

-mike d.