Re: Re: Power potential of 360?

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 01 1999 - 03:38:13 EDT

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999 WillTier@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/29/99 6:19:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> GSWillhite@ualr.edu writes:
>
> << YIKES!!....Well, there goes the neighborhood. Jon has been around
> Bill too long. ;) Well Eric (Ram-Air Kurtz) do we need to sell our
> soul and buy an auto? >>

  Hee hee hee! :-)

> Not the case Sir, Jon has just finally reached the plateau of reality and
> after darn near destroying his engine decided to take the proper route to
> gaining significant performance reliably :-) Sooooooo did you buy that line
> of BS ? I thought Jon was a bigger die hard than that and think it may be a
> trick :-) Hey hang in there Eric, if I can't get this thing into the 13's on
> the motr then I can always hope to whoop ya on a missed shift :-)

   I really do prefer driving with a stick, but I have come to the
unfortunate realization that an auto just makes more sense for the
dragstrip. Maybe in a performance car things are a little bit
different, but this truck tranny just can't keep up with those
"bang-bang-bang" autos. :-( If you shift it perfectly every time,
maybe you'll keep up with the autos, but you've also got a pretty
good chance of missing a shift and really messing up your week. After
bending a few valves and the dealer put humpty-dumpty back together
again, the best I can muster is 14.8s in excellent weather. Compare
that to 14.55 (on a missed shift, I might add) in much less
favorable weather. This sux. :-P

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |