Re: 3.9L supercharger anyone??

From: Eric Kurtz (Erics5.9@home.com)
Date: Fri Oct 01 1999 - 20:26:55 EDT

Yeah. I need change man. Its not an R/T. Its a 1995 Sport with a '93
5.9 in it. It came with the 5spd. I just had it (the trans) COMPLETELY
rebuilt in march. I just had the 4.10 installed as well. It has Viper
leather bucket seats in it, no center console. Modified Throttle Body,
Modified Intake, T.B. Spacer (1"), K&N open elemnt (3.5"), Pulleys, 180
Thermo, 3" exhaust, JBA headers (not powdercoated), Centerforce Clutch
(New in march along with rebuild), Cobra fuel injectors. I have the
stock Cat, 2 extra sets of "Sport" wheels with it, an extra shifter (the
part that bolts ontop of the trans). Extra 5.9 Hipo computer in the
box. The unfinished ram air hood (fiberglass, needs to be finish
surfaced and painted) along with the mold for the top skin. There are
some other miscellaneous small extras, but I cant think of them all
right now.
   Now for the quirks. The carpet is pretty dirty and the bed is pretty
scratched up. Never had a liner in it and I used it to move twice, and
to transfer my mig welder back and forth to friends houses. The wiring
harness has a stripped bolt, the one that bolts the connector to the
Computer. Not really a problem though because it already has a hipo
computer on it and it runs fantastic with it. But, if you want to get a
new one, your best bet would be to get one from a junk yard. I was
quoted 800 from the dealer and 300 from a junk yard. When they welded
up my 3" exhaust, they didnt disconnect the battery and that set off the
check engine light. Its just the light on though, Ive checked it for
codes and I got none and the truck drives great, no problems there. The
tires will need to be replaced in a few months. Now, for the thing that
tends to turn people off. It has 135,000 miles on the body. I
installed the 5.9 that already had 12,000 miles on it into the Dak when
the Dak had 85,000 miles on it. That would put the 5.9 at about 62,000
miles. Mind you that is mostly highway miles. I drive to work 6 days a
week 64 miles round trip a day. This Dak is my daily driver and could
be someone elses for several years to come. Its a damn quick daily
driver too. GT's, Cobra's, New and Old Lightning's, Z-28's and even the
occasional Vette are fun toys for my Dak. It's just a great truck and I
hate to see it go, but...... Im askin 6750, but for DML'rs 6200. I
live in Eastpointe Michigan if anyone wants to drive it, but please dont
ask if your not seriously interested! Ill give rides!! lol =0)
Eric