Houston SCCA Autocross Sunday 10/3

From: bgbeaird@neosoft.com
Date: Sat Oct 02 1999 - 16:46:46 EDT

Well, again I am late with the announcement for tomorrow, but will
include a schedule for the Houston Area SCCA Autocrosses remaining for
the year. Tomorrow will be the first trial of the split schedule format.
 Since there are four run groups, the club is splitting those who are to
work/run in the morning into a morning group, while those working/running
in the afternoon are in the afternoon group.

That part is self-explainatory. What isn't is that they are also
planning a morning and afternoon registration and tech sessions! Now, if
you are in the afternoon group to run, you don't have to get up at the
crack of dawn and stand around in the hot sun for hours until it is your
turn to run.

For tomorrow, for example, F stock (FS) and E Street Prepared (ESP), the
classes that most of our Daks would be catagorized into, run in the
afternoon. You don't need to be there until noon. Try to be there a
little early, though, as we are not sure how all this is going to work.
I would plan on an 11 am arrival, especially if it is your first time
there. The track is a bit bigger, but because it has a asphalt surface,
it is a LOT less abrading to your tires!

Note that if you have done some serious engine or suspension work, you
will probably be put in C Prepared (CP) and you will run in the morning
group.

Hope to see some there. You would be suprised how well a Dakota R/T
corners. Since Barbara ran our 98 R/T, they no longer get the snickers
the other trucks get when they show up. We are still running in the
ProAm Series in our SVO, so look for a red beat up Rustang Hatchback.
The following is the schedule for the remaining SCCA autocrosses;

October 3, tomorrow.
October 31
November 21

For more information, such as a map on how to get there, visit the SCCA
web site at:

http://www.houscca.com/solo2/solo.html

We will be heading down about 10:30 or 11:00, as we are scheduled to work
the registration/tech. The weather ought to be great, with about a 20%
chance or afternoon showers. See Ya!

Gene Beaird
98 Flame Red CC R/T (retired from autocrossing until some suspension mods
are done)
Houston, Texas