Re: RE: Dead battery

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 03 1999 - 21:16:07 EDT

In a message dated 10/3/99 8:07:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
ajross50@mindspring.com writes:
<< Our trucks must come with Die Hard batteries 'cause that is what they do.
 Mine pulled the same stunt two weekends ago. Of course it was raining. The
 AAA guy wasn't able to jump it. So my dad had to come pick me up and bring
 me to the local Auto Zone. Mileage: 28, 975, 28 months old >>

When this happened to my Dak a couple years ago(stock battery died at 35,000
miles), I lucked out and was in my driveway. I really honestly think that the
best battery I could buy was from Sam's Club. I really wanted an Optima, but
could not justify spending that much on a battery. I paid $40(at Sam's) for a
Champion "4x4" Battery. It is rated at 1000CA at temps warmer than 35 degrees
and rated at 900CCA at temps up to -20. This battery came with the top
terminal posts installed, which I use for my main start-up power. This
battery also has two side post terminals which I bought solid machined brass
terminals for these. These brass posts simply screwed into the pre-existing
threaded holes and have brass threads/nuts which I use for accessories(MSD
Ignition, 2 Hella 55W Floods, 2 Hella 55W Driving Lights) by means of using
ring terminals which fit over the brass threaded rod and gets held on with
brass nuts, washers, etc. I love this battery alot, it has not lost any power
in the 2 1/2 years I have had it. I would recommend this to anyone looking
for a great battery with a great price.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; 110,500 miles