Re: Re: Dead battery

From: Dale Blanchard (bolero@accessnv.com)
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 12:32:37 EDT

kbshadow wrote:

> Mine went yesterday, 23 months and 12000 miles.
>
> Had a hard time finding a group 27 replacement, tried Cosco, walmart,
> sears, wards, kragan, finally found one at a local auto supply.
>
> Bob
>
> > I know this has been brought up before, but if there is anyone keeping a
> > list, you can add my name to it. The battery in my Dakota died completely
> > without warning today. I was lucky I was able to jump start it as several
> > people have said they were not able to jump their trucks with the battery
> > completely dead. Mileage on the truck is 28,635 miles and it is 23 months
> > old.
> >
> > John
> > 98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers, F&B TB, DDBC

Mine went last week. It appears that there are some bateries that are
opening internally. Intersate had that problem with Honda motorcycle
batteries a few years ago. The are covered on the 3 year 36k warranty.
Mine was change by Chrysler as the Dodge dealer was to busy. Any D M
dealer can do warranty work. I got better service also.